We are one of the largest employers in Papua New Guinea with a long history that dates back to 1919.
Our operations are spread over various industries, including Plantations, Shipping, Logistics, Real Estate, Merchandising, Automotive and IT Business Technology.
Job Title: Accountant
Company Name: Daltron
Location: Waigani – Port Moresby
Reports to: Financial Controller
Responsible in maintaining accurate reports and financial records of the company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
▪ Preparation of mid month and monthly Management Reports
▪ Preparation of month-end and payroll Journals
▪ Preparation of Reconciliation for all Accounts
▪ Preparation of SIRs for inter-company accounts
▪ Ensuring proper Journal entries for each transaction
▪ Preparation of Monthly Accruals and Adjusting entries
▪ Checking of all payment vouchers
▪ Preparation Daily and Monthly Bank Reconciliation
▪ Assisting on Audit requirements
▪ Checking of costings of all items for sale
▪ Mapping of items in the system
Education and Training
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
Certified Practicing Accountant (CPA)
Familiar with Accounting Software
Knowledge and Experience
More than five years of experience
Knowledge in IFRS, General ledger and sub-ledger reconciliations and adjustments, Tax returns preparations, bank reconciliations and accounting software.
Experience in preparation of Financial Statements.
Analytical skills, attention to details and ability to work with the team
Must possess excellent communications skills
Favorable working conditions. Employee is required to work a standard 84 hours per fortnight which incorporates a rostered Saturday.